I open a local coffee shop on the daily in my small town. When my alarm clock goes off at 4:30am, I usually groan and regret ever saying yes to opening a coffee shop. I used to think “who in the world gets to a coffee shop at 6am?” and NOW I think “what in the world is wrong with the people that CHOOSE to OPEN a coffee shop at 5:30am?!”
At first, I thought I wouldn’t be cheery enough or even happy enough that early in the morning to brew the perfect cup of joe and to make that customer’s morning just a little better... until one morning I got one of the best compliments I’ve ever received. An older man looked at me and said “I love your spirit for life this early in the morning! You made my day and I can’t wait to spread that to my workers today!”
Wow. For someone who always thought of myself as someone who couldn’t make an impact on a stranger because I was tired (I never get the chance to drink my own cup of coffee before I have to make the first one of the day), I realized that I have a love for life and all of the challenges that it brings!
I’ve compiled a list of things that I do for myself to bring extra sunshine into each and every day!
1. Start your day off with some planning! Plan your day, what you’ll accomplish, and how you’re going to get it done!
2. Drink a cup of coffee! I talk about coffee a lot and that’s only because I love it! I don’t know what I would do without it most days!
3. Pick out an outfit that fits your mood for that day! Sometimes, I’m in the mood to look super cute for no reasons. But MOST of the time, I’m remaining in my oversized tee shirt and comfy Nike shorts! Whatever keeps you comfy and happy is what is important!
4. Try making someone else’s day in the simplest way! It can be so easy once it becomes normal to you! Maybe you will hold the door open for someone who has their hands full. Or you can just say have patience with the worker who messed up your lunch order on accident because they were so busy! Paying it forward in a drive thru has become extremely popular, too! Just find a way to make an impact!
5. Dig into something where you will gain intelligence. Nobody enjoys looking dumbfounded on a topic that everyone is talking about! I personally love politics and keeping up with the current events of the world. Every day, I try to find an article about something happening in the world and fully read it to stay up to date and informed.
6. Make a bomb playlist that you can listen to on your way to accomplishing your tasks! I don’t care what anyone tells you, Music can change your entire mood and vibe! I love anything that makes me want to dance!
7. Treat yourself in one small way a day! This doesn’t have to include money either! Maybe you’ll dive into that book you’ve been dying to read! Or you’ll go for a relaxing walk to get out of your mind! But ice cream also makes a great treat too!
8. Enjoy social media for an amount of time to be inspired and to keep up with friends, but shut it down at night so you can get a good night’s rest!
9. Take loads of pictures! I used to take zero pictures and I’ve changed to taking pictures of well... just about everything!! It’s so fun to keep little memories!
10. Wear bright colors that make you feel bold and beautiful! I would have never stepped out in a bright yellow dress from Impromptu Boutique with that huge smile on my face, but now, I’m LIVING for the colors! Yellow just stands for sunshine and I truly believe that sunshine can change a person’s mood!
I paired this adorable yellow dress with nude heels and plain diamond earrings! They are perfect for a night out with friends, date night, and even summer weddings! This yellow looks stunning on every skin tone and hair color!
Save 20% at checkout when you buy this dress or any of Impromptu Boutique’s pieces with the code “KYLIE20”