I am a girl that LOVES her chocolate. I got my sweet tooth honestly from my dad, but the worst part about it is trying to pick between brownies and cookies. I have never been a huge cake person, yet I lose any sense of self control when I see a platter of classic chocolate chip cookies or fudge brownies - your mouth is watering... isn't it? (;
Well, I figured it was time to find a way to combine the two and so I set out to find a way to make my wish come true and I ran across this recipe that I ended up making some changes to!
So lets get to it. In case you are wondering what in the world Brookies are, here is a simple math lesson (the kind of math I actually enjoy) : BROwnies + cOOKIES = BROOKIES! Yup, you go it! It's brownies and cookies all meshed together in one delicious pan that is so so SO simple and easy to make! The entire process will take about 40 minutes, but 30 of those minutes include bake time!
1 Box of Brownie Mix + All Ingredients Necessary (I prefer Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix)
1 Roll of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (I think it works better with a a roll rather than the precut dough, but pick your own battle)
9" x 13" Pan (I always use this size, but if you don't have this size, choose one that you think will be work best!)
1) Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F
2) While the oven is preheating, being making your brownie mix! Be sure to include all ingredients!
3) Once your brownie mix is perfected, thick, and ready to go, pour it into your pan and be sure to make sure that it hits all corners and is even throughout the entire pan!
4) Open up your roll of chocolate chip cookie dough and begin slicing at one end to make 1/2 inch thick circles of dough. Once you cut one, tear it up into different size smaller pieces and begin scattering it onto the brownie mix in the pan! It works best if you push the cookie dough a little into the brownie mix, too! Add as much as you would like! I prefer to put quite a bit of cookie dough on it to make sure that you can take a lot of it with the brownie mix also being there!
5) When the oven is ready, place your pan in the over for 30 minutes! Do not forget to set a timer so you don't burn your Brookies!
6) Lastly, after a half hour, let the Brookies cool for about 10-15 minutes and then dig in!
EXTRA SWEET TIP : If you really want to sweeten up this dish, before adding cookie dough to the brownie mix, add a few Oreo cookies to it and then add cookie dough on top! I made these before and they are DELICIOUS!